Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Boston Massacre

This picture shows the British firing upon the undefended Americans.  It seems as though one of the British Commanders were instructing them to do so.  The wounded Americans had collapsed into another person's arms, and there is large amounts of blood everywhere.  If I was a colonist, and I hadn't seen the scene happen beforehand, I would have thought the British was monsters.  Firing randomly into my people would have been unjust.  The " King Street Massacre" and the " Bloody Massacre", would have been viewed upon as the murder of the colonists by the British.  I would've been even more enraged to discover only two of the soldiers were found guilty.  This propaganda had changed many people's thoughts of the British into thinking of them badly.  The name itself, " The Bloody Massacre", had scared and angered many people too.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning propaganda! I like all of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete